Saturday, February 7, 2015

Carry-on Essentials (for traveling)!


Hey everyone! You might be wondering why I'm posting on a Saturday rather than a Sunday...well, it's because tomorrow (Sunday) I will be on an airplane all day! Where am I going? Back to California where I used to live! I am finally visiting LA after a year and a bit and I couldn't be more excited. Sadly, it's only for a week but it's better than nothing. Since the flight from Zurich to Los Angeles is over 12 hours (ugh) I decided to share with you some carry-on essentials that I find help me get through long flights. Of course I also pick up some essentials at the airport-magazines, snacks, and water-but this is just what I bring from home. 

The first items are all relating towards entertainment! Probably one of the most important things for long-haul flights. The portable charger (top center) is so convenient for flights especially because you can charge your phone on the airplane which is very useful. Another important one for me are headphones because I don't really like the ones they hand out on planes and so use my Beats or normal earbuds for watching movies and listening to my Spotify playlists. 


Next is refreshments, in other words items that will help make you feel slightly less gross than you already do feel whilst being thousands of feet up in the air. AKA for in-air dryness and health purposes. Hand cream is great for using when your skin feels dry or is cracking. It also instantly makes me feel more refreshed and revitalized. Another essential is EOS, I could not live without EOS and my lips get super chapped on airplanes so this comes in handy a lot while traveling. Hand sanitizer is also great for before and after airplane meals and just to use when you feel a bit 'un-clean' in the airport or plane. 


Lastly, is comfort items or just extra necessities. I have never tried this one before but was watching Zoella's travel video yesterday and found that she thinks bringing fuzzy socks to wear on planes is really comfortable and one of her essentials. So, I decided to give it a try and I think it will make me much comfier because I tend to get pretty cold on flights and fuzzy socks are always great. Mints (in this case Altoids) are also a major must for my carry-on because when I have flights throughout the night I wake up and my mouth has a weird taste to it and of course mints also keep away any 'post sleeping' bad breath. 

Anyways, I hope you found this post useful and hopefully consider bringing some of these items on your next travel adventure! Stay tuned for next week's post and maybe some other random vlogging style picture posts in LA. Thank you for viewing as always, xxx


No comments:

Post a Comment