Sunday, October 5, 2014

Room Tour

Hey everyone! So originally when I woke up this morning I had in my mind that I was going to share with you a September Favorites post...but then I started to brainstorm things to include and, well, I had nothing! September went by SO fast and with being super busy at school and activities I realized I didn't really have any favorites that I could think of. Because of this tragic realization I needed to come up with an idea that was quick yet exciting because of course it was Sunday-my posting day! And also the day where I sit at my desk cramming in homework all. day. long. And so that is how I came up with the idea of doing a little room tour! I've been wanting to post a room tour on here for a while now because I really like how my room (in Switzerland) is put together/looks and thought it was probably time to share that with you.



Welcome to my room! Come along on this exclusively new room tour and find out cute ways you can style and decorate your room to fit your personal ideas and preferences.

1. Bed





So the first thing your eyes gravitate towards when walking into my room is a big, comfy, colorful bed! That is because my bed is probably one of my favorite things in this room-I think you can guess why...sleep! Personally, I much prefer big beds because I think they're so much more cozy than small, cramped beds; plus there is no risk of falling off ;) I have a large armchair pillow which usually is put in a basket on the floor except if I am reading or doing homework in bed. This pillow is great because it props you up making it easier to concentrate and do work in. Then, I have a couple polka-dotted pillows, and finally 2 larger pillows behind those for support. My bed comforter is white with colorful dots and then I have a light-blue sheet underneath which matches with the color of the blue dots on the comforter.

Bed comforter + sheets: Ikea

Armchair pillow + polka-dot pillow cases: Pottery Barn Teen

2. Shelf above bed




On the shelf above my bed (built in with the bed) there are the painted letters l-i-v-e from my DIY-Tumblr inspired crafts post! If you have't seen that post go check it out http://eatsweatstyle.wordpress.com/diy/ . I also have some fall scented candles (apple, vanilla, orange) and then just some random objects and/or pictures. There is also a simple, black lamp to further brighten my room at night time.

Candles + Lamp: Ikea

Babushka: Shop in Russia

Live letters: DIY project
3. Desk/Vanity & Chair








The desk in my room is actually also a vanity which I think is so cute and interesting! It has a big oval mirror at the top with lots of drawers and space for storage. My chair is one of my absolute favorite things because it's fuzzy, spins, and looks so adorable and stylish in this room. It also adds some excitement and texture to the decorations in the room. Next, there is another simple & black floor lamp to fully light my workspace! On top of my desk, there is an antique telephone because I think antique decorations add so much versatility and style into a room. Then, I just have some little items from travels, 2 'spare' EOS and of course a ton of hand sanitizer from Bath & Body Works because everyone needs some of those!!

Desk/Vanity + Floor Lamp: Ikea

Chair: Pottery Barn Teen

Telephone: Antique shop in Interlaken
4. Bedside Desk



On my clean and simple bedside table I have all the items listed above! There is also my laundry basket to the right and on top is where I charge my laptop. I have a couple, tiny side shelves above my desks from my bed where I keep cameras, iPhone cases, jewelry, and my Beats headphones. Along with some bracelets and my alarm clock/speakers, I have a writing utensil holder where I keep highlighters and dry-erase markers for both my calendars. I love how much storage space all this Ikea furniture has and it has been great for keeping organized with all my many random objects!

Table + Utensil holder: Ikea

Alarm clock: Some technology store in Switzerland..?

5. Organizational Decor




Above are some images of organizational items I have in my room. I am a very organized person and also a perfectionist so I like to have my room tidy so I know where everything is :) First, I have a dry-erase whiteboard where I write all the things going on each week so I can prepare for tests or assignments and also to remind myself about appointments, etc. This has come in handy many times and is a great organizational/reminder tool so you don't have to write reminders on your hand for those forgetful people! The second object I have is for school organizing and is to the right of my desk for easy access when I'm doing homework. It is a little trolley (with wheels) and has 3 different sections for keeping items. The top has any writing utensils, markers, glue, scissors-practically all extra school supplies in case I forget them at school! In the second row I have extra notebooks, books and workbooks. Finally, the third row is just a binder where I keep old work for upcoming exams.

Whiteboard: Target

School Organizer Trolley: Ikea

6. Extra Decor











The next section of my room is all of my wall art and extra decorations around my room! I think the pictures help describe what they are but overall I love including personal elements into my room to really make it mine and mean something to me. The dance inspiration collage is pictures I found from Tumblr to inspire and motivate me to become a better dancer every day. Next, to that is a friend/family picture collage on a cork board . These 2 things represent some of the most meaningful things in my life! I also have 2 walls with hangers where I put scarves, hats, purses/bags, and some of my necklaces. The first hangers are little doggy 'tails' and the second is a more sophisticated cursive writing with the message 'Laugh'. Next to the laugh hangers I pinned my color run t-shirt up and then on the door are some jackets and sweatshirts. Overall I really enjoy all my decor and think they represent who I am really well which I think is so important in a bedroom.

All art on walls: Home-goods; except for the 3 city pictures (London, Paris, NY): Ikea

Laugh hanger: PB teen

Doggy tails: Ikea

Cork board: Coop Bau & Hobby

7. Closet Sneak Peek

  


Here is a little sneak peak of my closet...I am only showing you a peek because I will be posting a closet tour sometime in the future so stay tuned for that!

Closet: Ikea

8. Lighting




Finally, onto what I think is the best and most unique part of my entire bedroom-the lights! Rather than boring white lights I chose exciting and colorful lights for a happy and expressive feeling every time you walk into my room. And that actually works! Every time someone comes into my room they always comment on the lights and smile which was the effect I was going for. The lights also change colors which is an extra bonus!

Lights: Ikea (of course ;)

For me, a bedroom is a space that is completely yours so design and add in furniture and objects that mean something to you or represent who you are. Have fun with your room and don't be afraid to be unique and diverse with your style.

Thank you so much for viewing this post and don't forget to check back up here next Sunday for a post you won't want to miss! <3

No comments:

Post a Comment