Sunday, September 28, 2014

10 Fall Fashion DO's and DON'Ts!

Hey everyone! Today I am posting something a little different than I've done before and I think it will be really fun and interesting! It is a play on Fashion DO's and DON'Ts that you may recognize in fashion magazines or articles online. I am putting a twist on this and making it for fall since it is now fall season! Fall is my favorite season for fashion because I love dressing for cozy weather that is not too hot or cold + of course the warm color scheme of fall time. So, you can expect to see many fashion-related posts on this blog during the fall season. Overall, I really hope you find this post unique and that it gives you some fall inspo when you are putting together outfits and also reminds of the trends you should NOT follow ;)




  1. DO: Invest in hats! Hats are an essential staple item for fall and are perfect for those days when your hair is NOT your friend. This summer fedoras and bowler hats were in and I think this year for fall beanies are going to be so stylish and trendy and can be worn in SO many ways.                                 



  2. DON'T: Pair your UGGS with shorts...okay so this is an absolute MUST for me and I cringe every time I see someone wearing this atrocious combination. Now, usually it occurs somewhere that is mildly warm all year round so girls have to wear shorts but are trying to pretend its winter at the same. Please don't fall into this trap! Another point on UGGS: they were made as you see them not to be bent/folded down so everyone can see the inside of your shoe.



  3. DO: Go for the comfortable/casual 'cliché fall' look once in a while. I'm not saying to always ditch a nice, put-together look; however, I think in the fall laid-back looks that seem like you didn't try too hard are a must. For example, a sweater with leggings, booties, and accessorizing the look with scarfs or hats is the way to go during fall this season.                 



  4. DON'T: Forget to match your boots with your lifestyle that day/the rest of your look. For instance, pairing classic riding boots with a crop top, cardigan, and skirt with tights under is one disastrous look that will CLASH all over! 🙈                                                          



  5. DO: Layer. Fall is the perfect time of the year to layer your clothes because the weather can be unpredictable. Rather than wearing one, thick sweater...layer your outfit with multiples such as pulling on a long-sleeved shirt over a shirt with a cute tank peeking out underneath. I think a great use of layering for a more 'school-girl'/proper look is wearing a collared shirt underneath sweaters. Only certain people can pull this look off and when they do I think it looks great! 



  6. DON'T: Stash away those summer whites just yet. Pair your favorite pair of white jeans with fall/wintery tops and sweaters for a bright-eyed, cozy look!                                                     

    7. DO: Show off plaids and classic pleated skirts! Lately, plaid has been making its return in the fashion world when worn properly! I think plaid skirts can come off super cute and playful while still looking very put-together. So if you don't have a go-to plaid item in your closet make sure you get one for this fall season.                           




    8. DON'T:  Think that tights are/can be pulled off as pants. This is an important one because it's a huge eye sore when you see people walking around wearing tights as their pants...like what? Tights are great for cold weather so you can still wear your favorite skirts/dresses but please DO NOT wear them alone!!                 


                  

    9. DO: Store the flip-flops and sandals. It's time to move on from your summertime sadness, cover your feet, and bring out the sneakers and boots. This tip goes with outfit clashing and being stuck between two seasons so to make it easy for you, just put the sandals away until springtime :)


    10. DON'T: Pair denim with denim. No matter how much people want to embrace their western roots, it's the 21st century! So please no more denim jeans with denim shirts and denim jackets..EW! Now sometimes this can be done right and can look cute but most of the time it can't; so I wouldn't attempt this interesting combination. Instead, go for a silky or lace top with denim jeans and booties to mix textiles and fabrics for a more diverse look that doesn't blend together.


I just wanted to remind you all in case i haven't made it clear...my posting day will be Sunday! Recently I've been kinda posting randomly and found that Sunday works best for my busy schedule. I think this is good to know because now you know when you should be checking here for a post and I promise I will always try to post and if I can't I'll let you know in advance. Thanks for viewing this post and gaining some fall fashion tips and reminders for this trendy season <3

No comments:

Post a Comment