Sunday, July 27, 2014

Very Berry, Healthy, Smoothie Recipe

Hey everyone! Have you ever felt in need of a cold, amazingly yummy, refreshing drink on a hot, summer day? Or wanting to get your 5 fruits/veggies in without having to endure gross vegetables that you dislike? Well, now I have the solution to both those needs with this very berry, healthy, smoothie recipe! I guarantee you it will knock your socks off; unless you're allergic to berries of course. I made this smoothie for someone once who told me it was the best smoothie they've ever had! So if that's all not enough to make you get up right now and turn on your blender, I don't know what is. Anyways, I have been making this smoothie all summer long, especially after runs as a perfect post-workout treat! It's sweet because fruits are Earth's natural sweeteners...but it's also healthy leaving you feeling satisfied and guilt-free! The other great thing is it's quick so you can make it and take it on the go.

One of my favorite things about this recipe is there's literally NO way to mess up. You can throw in any amount of one ingredient as you wish and it won't come out tasting off-trust me! Also, if theres a fruit in here that you're not particularly fond of; or you really want this smoothie but don't have all the ingredient at your house...DON'T PANIC! You can substitute ingredients or just leave them out entirely and it will still taste great. You may notice that the amount of supplies that I use in my smoothie are all "about" measures. For instance, 'a splash' or 'a couple' this is because I don't follow a strict recipe guide, I just throw in what seems right for me into the blender. Okay, now without further ado, let's get into this delicious, summer recipe :)



Ingredients:
  • Blender

  • Glass & straw (optional)

  • A handful of spinach [optional, however you really can't taste it so I recommend putting it in to get in a healthy veggie that has lots of anti-oxidants]

  • 1 peeled banana (frozen or room-temperature)-I just break it up into 3 chunks

  • A couple raspberries-I only use a few because I find their flavor and seeds overbearing

  • 5 or more sliced strawberries

  • A handful of blueberries

  • 3 spoonfuls of yogurt (nature or vanilla)-to thicken your smoothie and pull all the ingredients together

  • A splash of orange juice-to add some extra flavor and liquid making it easier for the smoothie to fully mix




Making the smoothie

Order that I use while assembling my smoothie:








Where all the magic happens: THE BLENDING!

Be sure to blend all the ingredients together so that there are no chunks of fruit left. Depending on the type of blender you have...I like to set my blender on pulse for about 10 seconds, then put it at a slow speed to really break down the fruit and then finish off at a fast speed. I think that putting the blender at slow is a really important step because most people just think to put it as fast as it goes, but the slow speed is when the smoothie really comes together. Then, once your smoothie is smooth and seems ready to drink, pour it into your cup and ENJOY! By the way, this recipe makes a single-serving (tall sized cup) so if you are making it for more people you would just need to double or triple the recipe depending on how many people are trying this delectable smoothie!








And that's it! A super simple recipe with amazing results! If you decide to try out this very berry, healthy, smoothie recipe let me know in the comments below and if you liked it or not. I hope you're all having an amazing summer so far! Hopefully, wherever you are, you're getting better weather than these random rainy weeks that we have been cursed with in Switzerland :( Talk to you next week with a post you're not going to want to miss 💋

No comments:

Post a Comment