Thursday, July 17, 2014

Summer Lookbook 2k14!

Hey everyone! I'm so sorry that I haven't posted all week but I hope this next post will make up for it! I have spent a lot of time planning the outfits, posing in them (credits to my amazing mother for taking all the photos) and finally editing them with PicMonkey to make the outfits look even better. These looks would be perfect for a variety of hot, summer days and can be worn in many different ways which I think is great.This post will help limit the amount of time you spend staring at your closet wondering what to wear; because trust me, I've been there-a lot, wishing that I had someone to pick out my outfits for me! So, without further a do, I present to you four cute, trendy, and comfortable summer looks for multiple occasions! PS you can click on the images to see the outfits more clearly and up-close :)

Look #1: Simple, girly look; perfect for a day with friends or going to the beach!



So for this stylish look I paired a light pink and white striped halter from Brandy Melville with some creme lace shorts bought at Urban Outfitters. Then, for the shoes I opted for some subtle, pink TOMS from Tilly's. I chose these shoes because they are in-style yet super comfortable and flexible; perfect for walking a town or slipping them on and off at the beach/pool. This outfit is breezy due to the open-back halter and easy to move in making it great for a steamy, summer day. I also really like how it's all off-white shades which I think really complements one another and keeps you cool all day. White is also a very popular color at the moment especially during the scorching of months of June, July & August. For the hair I decided to keep it very straightforward with just a twisted piece of hair pulled to the side to really frame my face and ad an extra element to this simple hairstyle.

What I'm wearing:
  • Pink & white halter top [Brandy Melville]

  • Creme, lace, soft, high-waisted shorts [Urban Outfitters]

  • Light pink TOMS [Tilly's]
Look #2: Lazy summer day at home catching up on Netflix or cuddling with your pets!




Look #2 is my "I don't care" outfit. Basically when you are just relaxing at home all day refusing to brace the outdoors or people in general. Ideal for watching TV, online shopping, baking new creations, or just hanging with your caring pets! Both the top and bottoms that I'm wearing above are from Brandy Melville whereas the socks are located at H&M. I love both the top and bottoms that I'm wearing for a light, casual day because they're so silky and loose! As for the socks, I almost always wear socks when I'm at home and I have no idea why but I'm just obsessed with crew socks. For my hair, of course I'm wearing a messy bun; buns have been so ideal in the summertime because they keep my hair out of the way and off my neck. Also, if you're like me, I have really thick hair so having my hair down all day just gets really itchy and annoying meaning by the end of the day its usually right back up at the top of my head.

What I'm wearing:
  • Taupe-colored flowy top [Brandy Melville]

  • Silky flowered shorts [Brandy Melville]

  • Black and pink ruffled socks [H&M]

Look #3: Fancy night out





Okay so first off, I'm kinda obsessed with this outfit! First of all, the pants I chose are so so amazing for the summer because if you don't want to wear shorts or skirts all the time-you don't have to! These are so lightweight that it honestly feels like you're wearing shorts. They also have such a cute and fun pattern and to me summer fashion is all about stepping out of your comfort zone and wearing patterns/ bright colors to make your looks really stand out! The top I'm wearing is pretty self-explanatory but I think it goes great with the pants! Usually I don't show my stomach in outfits because I think it can come off as tacky but if you wear it right, it can turn out looking like quite the opposite. Instead of trashy, it looks sleek and cute!

The shoes, however are what really pulls this look together for me. They are sparkly and an excellent amount of fancy to round the whole outfit together in a polished and stylish way! Finally, for my hairstyle I literally did nothing; I just took a shower and let my hair dry by itself AKA no blowdryers. My hair is naturally wavy so turned out like this, however, I think curling your hair slightly or straightening it would also pair really well! Also, a tight & polished ponytail would be nice if you were going for a slightly more elegant demeanor.

What I'm wearing:
  • Black ribbed crop top [TopShop]

  • Silky, cinched pants [Brandy Melville]

  • Sparkly, silver sandals [Steve Madden]

Look #4: Laidback, touristy day or a casual outing with friends!





My last summer outfit in this lookbook are one of my overalls! I think overalls are overall ;) super cute and I'm so happy that they are in-style this season because if not they would be quite the weird outfit to be sporting around on the streets. So, for this look I chose a flowered crop top from Tilly's  to match with my white lace overalls! I really like these overalls because they are girly with the lace yet still keeping to the traditional overall style. They also have the little dot lace trimming at the bottom which I've been loving lately. I think this appearance would be suitable for a casual day with friends such as shopping or going to the movies, or even touring new city with your family on one of your exciting summer vacays! The converse were my shoe of choice mainly due to their comfort  and that they match really nicely with the crop top. It also gives the look a more sporty touch and makes it easier for walking if you want to tour around a town. Lastly, I coordinated this ensemble with a loose, effortless ponytail to keep your hair out of the way in a chic, stylish manner!

What I'm wearing:
  • Flowered crop top [Tilly's]

  • White, lace overalls [Tally Weijl]

  • Black hightop Converse

I hope that you enjoyed this summer lookbook and gain inspiration and ideas during your summer holiday. Thanks for viewing and I hope you all have an unforgettable, amazing summer ahead!

No comments:

Post a Comment